Walk Across Texas
Walk Across Texas
Get Your Steps In
Living Well has partnered with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension for their annual Walk Across Texas! Program.
Walk Across Texas! (WAT!) is a fun eight-week program designed to help Texans establish the habit of regular physical activity. It’s free and open to everyone regardless of age, disability, or general physical shape or ability. Walk Across Texas! will run from February 11, 2023 – April 7, 2023.
Ready to take the challenge? Grab your friends, family, co-workers and get started by registering today. Form your team now; the deadline to register is Friday, February 17.
Each team may include up to 8 members, all working together to reach the 832-mile goal to make their way across the state of Texas.
Teams must consist of at least 4 people from the same department in order to be eligible for this competition.
When creating your WAT! team, you will need our league code to join the Living Well at Texas A&M League: watL-221223-63433
The top three departments with the greatest distance traveled at the end of the 8-week period will be awarded various prizes:
- 1st place team members will each receive a Living Well swag bag with water bottle and limited edition Living Well t-shirt.
- 2nd place team members will each receive a Living Well swag bag with water bottle and baseball hat.
- 3rd place team members will each receive a Living Well baseball hat.
**TEAM CAPTAINS: To ensure your teams are in the running for this competition, be sure to join the Living Well league.
Step by Step instructions:
- Create or log into your account at https://howdyhealth.org/programs
- Click the WAT! Dashboard button under the adult section
- Click the ‘Join a League’ button
- Copy this code and paste into the Team Code field: watL-221223-63433
- Complete the join a league form and submit to finalize.
2023 Walk Across Texas! Dates and Events:
- Kick-off event: February 11, 2023 @ 10:00 a.m. in-person -or- via Facebook Live at: facebook.com/walk.across.texas.bc/live/ (Facebook account not required to view and attend) Join the Opening Ceremony: warm up, indoor workouts or 1-mile walk on the Park Hudson Trail, door prizes followed by team captains’ meeting
- Week 1: February 11 – February 17
- February 11 – Instructor-Led Workout: 1 mile walk or indoor workout with Orange Theory
- Online Registration Deadline: February 17, 2023
- Week 2: February 18 – February 24
- Week 3: February 25 – March 3
- March 2 – Instructor-Led Workout: Group Fitness at Lions Pride Sports
- Week 4: March 4 – March 10
- March 8 – Instructor-Led Workout: Virtual Pilates with Living Well at Texas A&M
- Week 5: March 11 – March 17
- March 15 – Instructor-Led Workout: Group Fitness at TruFit
- Week 6: March 18 – March 24
- March 22 – Instructor-Led Workout: Virtual Fitness via Facebook Live at: facebook.com/walk.across.texas.bc/live/
- Week 7: March 25 – March 31
- Week 8: April 1 – April 7
- Last day to report team mileage: April 17, 2023
- The announcement of champions/Prize Patrol: April 24, 2023