Tobacco Cessation Assistance/Resources
Here to Help
All Texas A&M University campuses and college sites became Tobacco-Free as of January 2020. We encourage tobacco users to seek assistance through any of the tobacco-cessation resources below.
Smoking Cessation Resources:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield A&M Care Health Plan Participants
- Employee Assistance Program
- Student Health Services
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- National Cancer Institute
- Other Online Resources
Blue Cross Blue Shield A&M Care Health Plan Participants
- Nicotine replacement prescription medication at no cost, with a prescription:
|Nicotrol NS (nasal spray)||90-day supply in a 365-day period|
|Nicotrol Inhaler||90-day supply in a 365-day period|
|Zyban*||90-day supply in a 365-day period|
|Nicorette Gum/Lozenge||90-day supply in a 365-day period|
|Nicotine patches||90-day supply in a 365-day period|
|Chantix||180-day supply in a 720-day period|
* Requires preauthorization with Medco; call (800) 753-2851
- Online Tobacco Cessation through Personal Health Manager at www.bcbstx.com
- Log in to your BlueCross BlueShield account.
- Choose Personal Health Manager.
- Select Stop Smoking.
- Enroll in the online program.
- Individual counseling sessions are available through Blue Care Connections Life Style Management at (866) 412-8795, option 2
- Initial enrollment call takes approximately 15–20 minutes.
- Assigned personal counselor to counsel individually through the quit process.
- Additional online information, tips, and resources under My Health tab under the topic “smoking cessation”.
Employee Assistance Program
(for employees and eligible dependents)
Work/Life Solutions Program by GuidanceResources® is available online with organization web ID: TAMUS or by phone:
- Active employees: (866) 301-9623
- Retired employees: (833) 306-0105
- Qatar employees: 00800.100.071
- App: GuidanceNow on Google Play
Student Health Services
(for student employees)
- Access to health information and tobacco cessation resources from Health Education.
- Individual counseling sessions following a structured tobacco cessation program.
- Visit the Student Health Services website or call (979) 458-8322.
American Cancer Society
- On-line web coach to help develop a quit plan.
- Some eligibility to nicotine replacement and individual counseling sessions for those uninsured or pregnant; call to confirm eligibility at (877) YES-QUIT (937-7842).
American Lung Association
Visit the ALA Website or call the Lung Helpline: (800) LUNG-USA (586-4872)
National Cancer Institute
- LiveHelp instant messaging Monday – Friday 8:00am – 11:00pm ET
- Tobacco cessation counselors Monday – Friday 8:00am – 11:00pm ET; call (877) 44U-QUIT (448-7848)
Other Online Resources
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.