Outdoor Adventure Day
Outdoor Adventure Day
Choose Your Adventure.
Spend some time in the great outdoors with Living Well’s 2nd annual Outdoor Adventure Day (OAD) at Millican Reserve! This event is sure to be a mood booster to all who attend: enjoy the sunshine that naturally increases serotonin, have a new experience that gives a dose of dopamine, and let your movement throughout the event produce endorphins.
Date: Saturday, June 10th
Location: Millican Reserve 19851 FM 2154, College Station, TX 77845
Description: School is out and it’s summertime! Start summer off right by bringing your family, significant other, or friends for exclusive access to Millican Reserve. This is a come-and-go event; we invite you to partake in any of the activities: 7:30 am sunrise yoga with The Bridge Yoga; kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding; two guided nature hikes (easy pace); two farm tours with Farmer Alexander; kids’ activities including face painting, balloon art, juggling demo and lesson. Snacks and beverages are available for purchase at snack trucks onsite for the duration of the event (Sweet Pops Popcorn, Walk Offs Snack Shack Lemonade, Raging Bull Tacos, and Three Sweet Pops Popsicles). Yard games such as Giant Jenga and cornhole are available. Please be mindful of the heat and bring lawn chairs, blankets, water bottles, and sunscreen!
Directions to Millican Reserve: Head south on FM 2154 (Wellborn Road) toward Millican. From the light at Wellborn Road and Greens Prairie Trail, Millican is located 4.2 miles south on the left. A blackboard fence and barn will be in view when you turn into the drive. The driveway has a metal arch over it and a small sign that says “Farm Entrance.”
Interested in participating? Register here to attend Outdoor Adventure Day.
Due to high levels of interest, all boat reservations are currently full. However, you may utilize the standby lane during the event. In the standby lane, you will fill out a waiver provided by Outdoor Adventures and wait for either a reservation to be cancelled or for someone to not show during their 5-minute window for their reserved time. Please note that the standby lane does not guarantee participation.
Schedule of Events:
- 7:30am – 8:30am: Sunrise Yoga Session
- 8:30am – 1:00pm: Water Activities (Registration is now full)
- 9:15am: 1st Farm Tour with Farmer Alexander (See note on Farm Tour parking)
- 9:15am: 1st Guided Hike Session
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Kids’ Activities
- 11:00am: 2nd Guided Hike Session
- 12:15pm: 2nd Farm Tour with Farmer Alexander (See note on Farm Tour parking)
- 1:00pm: End of Activities
Parking Information All parking (besides Farm Tour) will be down the gravel road in an open field near the boat house. Parking is limited, and be mindful that the Reserve will be a long, gravel drive to the open fields. Please drive slowly and be aware of other vehicles coming and going on the same path. NOTE: If you are attending the farm tour at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day, parking for the farm tour is near the entrance to Millican Reserve.
Remote Outdoor Adventure Day
Create Your Adventure.
Want to participate in Outdoor Adventure Day, but aren’t in College Station? Grab friends or family and create your day of fun in the great outdoors!
Start by heading to a nearby state park where your group can join the modern-day treasure hunting that is Geocaching with just your smartphone or GPS unit. If you have aspiring park rangers with you, be sure to print out this Texas State Park Activity Journal, or pick one up at your local state park’s front office for free. Tag us on social media @livingwelltamu and use the hashtag #RemoteOAD to share your experience!
Meet Farmers Alexander and Val to go on a virtual summer farm tour and see where they cultivate the crops for The Farm at Millican Reserve.
Not sure where to start? Find your campus below and see what state park is nearby. Print out the helpful maps and checklists and have fun!
- Dinosaur Valley State Park (Park Address:1629 Park Rd 59 Glen Rose, TX 76043)
- Lake Tawakoni State Park (Park Address: 10822 FM 2475 Wills Point, TX 75169)
- Galveston Island State Park (Park Address: 14901 FM 3005 Galveston, TX 77554)
- Sheldon Lake State Park & Environmental Learning Center (Park Address: 14140 Garrett Rd. Houston, TX 77044)
- Brazos Bend State Park (Park Address: 21901 FM 762 Needville, TX 77461)
- Stephen F. Austin State Park (Park Address: Park Road 38 San Felipe, TX 77473)
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park (Park Address: Park Address: (23194 Park Rd. 25 Mathis, TX 78368)
- Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park (Park Address: 2800 S. Bentsen Palm Drive (FM 2062) Mission, TX 78572
- Bird Checklist – Part of the World Birding Center
- Oxygen Park – Education City
- Sound Garden
- Qur’anic Botanic Garden
- Katara Village – West Bay
- Aspire Park – al Waab Area
- McKinney Falls State Park (Park Address: 5808 McKinney Falls Pkwy Austin, TX 78744)
- Rock Creek Park (Park Address: 5200 Glover Road NW, Washington, D.C.)